Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Yeah... these will change your life! Fair warning most of the recipes I share on the blog are found via Pinterest because while I can cook I am not creative enough to come up with such tasty treats. This one came from Some The Wiser & y'all... it's amazing!
First off, let's start with these cute muffin liners. I adore the look of these so I decided to give them a go & they are super easy!
Parchment Paper Muffin Liner
Cut parchment paper into 6"x6" squares. Find a can or glass that fits into your cupcake pan & simple cover the can with the parchment paper to make a cup. Simple as that! Spritz with a little non-stick cooking spray to make sure cupcakes/muffins don't stick!
Now onto the good stuff! The Cinnamon Roll Muffins!!
Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Recipe by Some The Wiser
2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
1 cup milk (plus more as needed)
Topping and Filling
1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1½ cups coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts (I skipped this)
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
Dash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients(flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar). In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (melted butter, egg, milk) until well combined. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture, stirring only until just combined.
- Combine all the topping/filling ingredients. Gently fold half of the mixture into the muffin batter.
- Spoon the muffin batter, about ¼ cup, into each muffin tin. Top with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Remove from oven. Cool slightly, then transfer carefully to a wire rack.
- Whisk together all of the frosting ingredients. Drizzle over the top of the muffins and enjoy every single delicious bite . . . maybe even lick your fingers when you're done.